Rules and eligibility
Rules and eligibility
Strategic grant > Rules and eligibility
Who is eligible to apply for a Strategic grant?
(1) Strategic grants are open to all registered civil society organisations – please see our definitions of CSOs here.
(2) The applicant must have a proven track record and capability in advocating to strengthen sexual and reproductive health and rights within global or regional level processes, through the support they provide to networks, partners and organisations working at country level.
(3) The applicant must provide demonstrable evidence of the ability to operate in more than one geographic region (regions defined as West Africa, East Africa, Southern Africa, Central Africa or South Asia).
(4) The applicant must be an established civil society organisation with a transparent governance structure, and will be required to submit, as part of their full application, their (i) organisational strategic plan and (ii) a results framework of expected results and outcomes.
(5) The organisation's average annual expenditure (taking the last 3 years to make the average) must be at least twice the amount the organisation is applying for; so for example if an organisation is applying for EUR600,000, its average 2014, 2015, 2016 annual expenditure must be at least EUR1,200,000.
(6) The applicant must respond to the two essential areas for action and at least 2 out of the 6 other areas of action.
Organisations may submit up to two applications as a lead organisation; but there is a limit of one Strategic grant per lead organisation in this funding round. It is possible for an organisation that is awarded a Strategic grant as a lead organisation to also be indicated as a sub-contractor on another Strategic grant led by another organisation.
Previous applicants are welcome to apply. However, given the specific criteria defined in this second round of the Strategic grant, previous applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a new expression of interest that aligns with this particular guidance.
All current AmplifyChange grantees are welcome to apply and will be considered equally in all respects.